Many large and instinctively aggressive animals are extremely dangerous, and numerous times have they killed their handlers. But, until every pet is safe, respected, and loved, we all still have big, hairy work to do.Find out more about our mission to help save 100,000 healthy and rehomable Pets News each year. These result highlight important links between emotional attachment and mental health.
- Pets, especially dogs and cats, can reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, ease loneliness, encourage exercise and playfulness, and even improve your cardiovascular health.
- To get the latest on pet adoption and pet care, sign up to hear from us.
- A year-long study at the Wellness Institute at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago found that walking an overweight dog helped both the animals and their owners shed unwanted pounds.
- If you or a family member has been diagnosed with a pet allergy, carefully consider whether you can live with the symptoms before committing to pet ownership.
- Check the European Union website for a list of “rabies controlled” countries from which the rabies titer test is not required.
- Autistic children often rely on nonverbal cues to communicate, just as animals do.
If your pet is too large to fly in the …